Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Where Does the Time Go?

Where does the time go?

Far too long since I've written anything down. But at the same time it seems like yesterday. Do you find that the days go slow and the months go fast? I do.

Been thinking a lot lately about my bucket list. So many places to see, things to do and concerts to see before I kick the bucket. But at the same time I've done a really good job of checking things off the list.

What is left on my list?

Places:

Antarctica - Yes I know it's cold, but I really want to see the Emperor Penguins
Iceland - Another cold place. But supposed to be beautiful and the most amazing Aurora Borealis
India - It is supposed to be a beautiful country and I would love to see the Taj Mahal. I worry about what the food there will do to my system though.
Bali - This is not an Eat Pray Love kind of thing. It looks beautiful there.
Holland - Been here before, but I want to go on a cycling tour around Holland
Switzerland - I want to ski the Swiss Alps. You can add in Austria to this.
China - I really want to walk along the Great Wall of China at sunrise (before any crowds show up)
Peru - I want to hike to Machu Picchu
Greece - Never been there. Looks beautiful. Not just the history, but the islands. I think it has a lot to do with Shirley Valentine.
Jordan - I really want to see Petra
England - OK, been there many times, but I still haven't seen Stonehenge
Bora Bora - OK, this one is the TOP of my list. Better save it to last, as I don't think I'll ever come back from that one!
Turkey - I want to see the balloons at Cappadocia
Maldives - Along with Bora Bora this is very high on the list. I want to see the underwater waterfall from above
Cambodia - The temples of Angkor Wat
Japan - I want to see the cherry blossoms in bloom
Kenya - I want to see the great migration on the Maasai Mara
New Zealand - Been here before, but I still I want to see Hobbitown and Milford Sound
Easter Island - See the big face statues
Galapagos Islands - See the birthplace of the Theory of Evolution
Philipines - Looks so beautiful

The list could go on and on. There are so many things to do and see before I die. I believe that knocking these things off my list will actually help me live! Which one shall I do next?

Next part of my bucket list will be things I want to do. But that will be later.

See you at the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment